Thursday, September 16, 2010

A PILOT'S PRAYER

Dear Lord, I pray that through this day,
I will follow "True Course Ever" the Pilot way.
Let me be calm to meet the pressures which arise,
Counting each experience a blessing in disguise.
Help me to succeed in what I strive to do,
Always being just, honest, fair and true.
Oh Lord, keep me humble; don't let success go to my head;
But bathe me in divine humility instead.
Keep my lips from criticism;
let them utter praise honestly and generously.
Help me to raise the spirit of a lonely one who sinks in deep despair;
Surrounding her with friendliness because I truly care.
Let me be a loyal Pilot in thought, word, and deed.
Oh fill my heart with kindness as I journey through this day
Unselfish, thoughtful, cheerful, in the Pilot way.
Grant me visions for tomorrow, hopes and dreams; for this I pray
As I ask you Lord, for guidance through another Pilot day.

Ida May Bond
Pilot Club of El Paso
1974

No comments: